Hey, hey, friends! I’m so excited to share this recipe with you!
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know I’ve posted a couple of “bean” brownie recipes…they can be found below:
However, because I love to experiment in the kitchen…I’ve created THE BEST black bean brownie recipe, and I just have to share. These are by far my favorite, and they happen to be refined sugar free!
Well, kind of. Other than the dark chocolate chips (which the kind I used does have some added sugar), these babies are sweetened with dates. I love dates because they are high in fiber, various vitamins & minerals and completely satisfy my sweet tooth.
Other ways to enjoy dates:
While I highly encourage you to make these black bean brownies, there are many ways to enjoy this delicious fruit. Below are some ideas!
Healthier Chocolate Turtles
Vegan Raspberry Tart
5 Ingredient Cookie Dough Bites
Add to any baked good
Chop & add to oatmeal
Stuff with peanut butter
Stuff with 3-4 dark chocolate chips
Add to smoothies
There are so many ways to enjoy dates, but using dates as the sweetener in these brownies really gives them a nice, fudgy texture and sweet flavor. Find the recipe below! Be sure to tag me in your creationg on social media! 🙂
THE BEST Black Bean Brownies
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
10 pitted dates
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray baking dish with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In a high speed blender or food processor, add drained black beans + oats + applesauce + pitted dates + eggs + cocoa powder + baking soda + baking powder + salt. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour brownie batter into a mixing bowl and add dark chocolate chips. Mix well.
4. Add brownie batter to greased or parchment paper lined baking dish. Top with more chocolate if desired.
5. Bake at 350 F degrees for 20-25 minutes.
6. Allow brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Additional add ins:
Walnuts or Pecans
Peanut Butter Swirl
Remember! If you’d like to receive my email newsletters for more easy + balanced eating ideas & food freedom tips, subscribe here! Tell your friends 🙂
Until Next Time,
Katrina Detter, RD, LDN
Follow me on social media!
FB: Live Better with Kat Detter
Tik Tok: @katrina.detter.rd