I wanted to share one last summer dessert recipe with you all before September hits…because let’s be real…it’s basically pumpkin spice season 😉
This is a dairy free, refined sugar free, gluten free raspberry tart that is really simple to make with minimal ingredients that your whole family will enjoy.
I’ve tried several “vegan cheesecake” type of desserts before, and I have to say…the cashew base is definitely my favorite. I’ve tried full fat coconut cream and coconut milk, but the cashew base is the creamiest.
Tag me in your creations!
Vegan Raspberry Tart
*Note: for best results, soak raw cashews in water for at least 4 hours.
**Note: keep coconut milk room temperature and only use the separated cream, not liquid
- 1 cup English Walnuts
- 10 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Grease sides of pan with coconut oil.
- In a high powered blender, add English walnuts, dates and lemon and blend until crumbly crust texture. Add more/less lemon juice as needed to help incorporate ingredients.
- Press crust mixture onto lined spring form pan. Set in freezer while the filling is mixed.
- 2 cups of raw cashews, soaked *
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk **
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- In a high powered blender, add soaked cashews, maple syrup, coconut milk, salt, coconut oil and lemon. Blend until very smooth.
- Bring crust out of freezer and add filling on top.
- Put tart back in refrigerator for 4 hours, or until the tart is set and firm.
- 3 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thaw)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Add raspberries and maple syrup to a saucepan and bring to a boil, continuously stirring to not burn.
- Allow to cool slightly. Pour over tart. Put in freezer for ~5-10 minutes.
All photos were captured by the fabulous Courtney Haas with Courtney Haas Photography.