We all have fitness goals–and building a strong core is one of mine.
Below you will find a demonstration of 5 different ab workouts with modifications. See instructions for workout below:
**Go your own pace, take breaks when you need it, and feel free to do the modification step. Even if you’re just starting out, the modifications STILL engage the core and you can still achieve results.
Complete 2 rounds of each exercise for 1 minute each–resulting in a 10 minute workout. Try to complete ab workouts 3-4 times a week for maximum results!
- Engage the core and try to keep a straight line form (hips are not hanging toward the ground, butt is not up in the air). You may complete these with straight arms (working on the shoulders as well) or with your elbows down (focusing more on core)
- MODIFICATION: Place knees on the ground, but still engage core (you will still get a great workout)
- With your body lying front-side, flat on the floor, lift upper and lower halves of body (kind of like you are flying like superman). You may bend arms or keeps arms straight.
- MODIFICATION: I find bending arms is a little easier, make sure you continue squeezing those muscles!
- Lying on your back, bring opposite elbow to opposite knee while keeping your belly button in and core engaged.
- MODIFICATION: The higher you raise your legs, the easier the exercise will be, but still effective!
- A little advanced, this exercise works the full abdominal region. In a back-lying position, keeping your legs straight, simply raise them slow and controlled up and down–really engage the core and try not to lose form.
- MODIFICATION: Place your hands under the small of your back (this will help control the core easier).
- Lying on your back with knees bent, use your hand to reach to the back of your heels (working the oblique muscles).
- MODIFICATION: The closer you bring your heels in to your butt, the easier this exercise will be.
I hope you all enjoy this workout! Make sure to tag me @livebetterwithkatdetter or #livebetterwithkatdetter if you try it.