“Say what? Who would put tahini in a dessert?”
I thought the same thing when I first saw a recipe using it…tahini is usually used as a creamy binder in hummus and salad dressings…
However, I formed my own chocolate chip cookie recipe using it and I’m never going back! 100% husband approved, too!
Muffin Top Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup walnut OR almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix oat flour, walnut/almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a different mixing bowl, add egg, mashed banana, tahini, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop and put a dollop of cookie dough on a parchment paper lined (or greased) baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of cookies.
- Bake at 325 for 10 minutes or until golden on top.
- Transfer baked cookies to cooling rack.
Want to have desserts on the regular? Try making this healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe for a sweet treat the whole family can enjoy!