Another one of my go-to mid day snacks! Perfect for a pre-workout snack or dessert.
This recipe is a variation of my chocolate chip peanut butter energy bites , and they are even easier to make.
Essentially using the same ingredients with different ratios, this recipe does not require any ball-forming but just a simple mixture of ingredients and placing in a baking dish to refrigerate for a few hours.
This recipe contains oatmeal, natural peanut butter, honey, unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, and dark chocolate chips. Protein + carbs + heart healthy fat to get you going.
*Nutrition Fact on Chia Seeds: high in fiber (good for digestion & feeling full), protein, calcium (for bone health), manganese (antioxidant to protect body from free radicals-damaging cells in body), and magnesium (protein production, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and blood pressure regulation). Great addition to any baked good, smoothie, or jam.
Homemade Granola Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients listed above and mix well.
- Pour mixture in a small baking dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.
- Once mixture is a firm consistency, cut into squares.
- Store in air tight container for up to a week (if they last that long).
- Enjoy for a pre workout snack or dessert!
I wanna know which one you all like better! The homemade granola bars or the energy bites 🙂
Until Next Time,
Katrina Detter, RD, LDN
Follow me on social media!
Facebook & Pinterest: Live Better with Kat Detter