What says Sunday brunch better than frittatas? How about mini egg frittatas?
What I love about this recipe is that it can be completely individualized person to person! If you are hosting a brunch and you have enough ramekins (or muffin tins), you can cater to each person’s favorite toppings!
Since it’s just the hubs and me, I stuck with 2 servings and mixed 2 eggs with salt & pepper and sauteed spinach and asparagus for his mini frittata.
As for me, I used 1 egg and 1 egg white, 1 ounce of shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese, sauteed onion, spinach and asparagus.
Other additional toppings:
- bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- breakfast meats
Mini Egg Frittatas
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 2 cups spinach, raw
- 2 teaspoons of oil of choice or butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 ounce shredded cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil/butter and saute onion, asparagus, and spinach for 3-5 minutes until spinach has wilted and veggies are cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, cheese, and salt and pepper. Add sauteed veggies.
- Pour egg mixture into greased ramekins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until eggs are cooked all the way through.
- Enjoy with some toast and fruit on the side!
**Feel free to completely individualize each ramekin using different mixing bowls to add specific toppings that everyone will love!
What is your favorite way to prepare eggs?
Until Next Time,
Katrina Detter, RD, LDN