Who loves spinach dip?? 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️
What if I told you I’ve got a healthy spinach dip recipe?? Using tons of fresh spinach and garlic and instead of mayo or sour cream (like traditional spinach dip), I use nonfat Greek yogurt.
Greek yogurt is packed with protein which makes this appetizer more nutrient dense than traditional spinach dip.
For even more creaminess, I use Neufchâtel cheese. Essentially, it’s low fat cream cheese…I choose to use low fat animal products because they are lower in saturated fat. While our body needs fat, saturated fat (found in animal products) may increase total body cholesterol.
See full printable recipe details below, and be sure to tag @livebetterwithkatdetter in your creations!
Healthy Spinach Dip
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1-8 ounce block of Neufchâtel cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Additional add ins: fresh broccoli and artichokes work well in the recipe too!
What’s your favorite type of dip?
Until Next Time,
Katrina Detter, RD, LDN
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Connect with me on social media!
FB & Pinterest: Live Better with Kat Detter