These little dark chocolate bark bites would be a great addition to your Easter festivities coming up! You can even get a little festive by using fresh berries for an extra pop of color.
I kept mine simple with just chopped English walnuts and unsweetened dried cranberries variety and some with coconut and apricot.
Nutrition Tidbit: dark chocolate (70% or higher) may help in the prevention of chronic diseases because it is so high in antioxidants. English walnuts are high in omega 3 fatty acids which are great for brain and heart health. Lastly, cranberries are another antioxidant rich food and may help boost your immune system.
See the #deats below and make use you tag @livebetterwithkatdetter in all of your creations!
Dark Chocolate Bark Bites
- Wax paper
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate, 70% or higher (I used 85%)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped English Walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 4 chopped apricots
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and coconut oil and heat for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to melt at 30 second intervals (stirring in between each round) until smooth.
- Spoon out a dollop of chocolate onto wax paper forming chocolate circles; recipe should yield 12 circles depending on how big you make them.
- Add toppings (walnuts, cranberries, apricots, coconut flakes).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Enjoy right away or store in freezer for a special event!
What do you think pairs well with chocolate?