What better way to begin St. Patrick’s Day celebrations than to make green pancakes!
I used my almond & oat flour pancake recipe and adjusted the wet ingredients so I could add…wait for it…
SPINACH! Yes, I went there. If there is any way I can add veggies to my meals, I go for it. Best part? You can’t even taste it, but you’re still benefiting from the vitamins, minerals, and fiber spinach has to offer.
St. Patty's Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup spinach, fresh
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat skillet to ~300 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add almond & oat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a blender, add almond milk and spinach and blend until all spinach is in liquid form.
- Pour almond milk & spinach into dry ingredients. Then add vanilla and unsweetened apple sauce.
- Mix well, but leave a few lumps.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Spray skillet. Add 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook ~3-5 minutes on each side. *Cook slowly to prevent burning on the outside and uncooked in the middle.
- Serve with your favorite toppings! My favs: berries, peanut butter, banana, and a splash of black berry syrup!
What’s your favorite type of pancake?