One of my favorite ways to eat apples, these nachos do not disappoint!
These apple nachos will fill you up and provide fiber, protein, complex carbs and healthy fat so you have a completely balanced sweet treat, dessert, or midday snack.
Did I mention how simple it is? Takes less than 5 minutes to have a nice treat for you and your family. Best part? These are items you probably already have in stock!
- 1 fresh apple, washed (I usually use Pink Lady, Fuji, or Gala)
- 1-2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (I like Lily’s chocolate if I have it in stock)
- Wash and slice apple into strips.
- Place apples on a plate. Drizzle natural peanut butter on top. (Tip: If peanut butter is thick or too stiff, microwave for ~10-15 seconds)
- Top with chocolate chips and serve!
**Keep it simple or add more toppings such as coconut flakes, chopped nuts, or granola.
Treat yourself and your family to this fun sweet treat! If you have kids, this is a fun little recipe to get them involved in the kitchen.
What is your favorite way to eat apples?