Smoothie bowls are one of my favorite sweet treats that fuel my body with vitamins, minerals and fiber to get me through the afternoon. What’s more is topping it off with extra nutrient dense goodies to change the flavor and texture of my midday snack.
Today’s recipe for #nationalnutritionmonth is a green smoothie bowl just in time to bust out for St. Patrick’s day coming up!
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2-2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ice cubes as needed if smoothie bowl is not a thick consistency to your liking
- In a high powered blender, add banana, pineapple, spinach and almond milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- If consistency is too thin, add some ice cubes to make smoothie a thicker consistency.
- Add favorite toppings! (I like granola, fresh fruit, and peanut butter)
Other topping suggestions:
- dark chocolate chips
- chia seeds
- ground flax seed
- coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- dried fruit (limit to 1/4 cup)
- chopped nuts
- pumpkin seeds
- pomegranate seeds
What are you favorite smoothie toppings?