Peanut Butter + Chocolate…what could be better?
How about paired with oatmeal and honey?? Yes, please!
There are many different energy bite recipes out there, but here is my version! Nutrient dense, great pick me up in the afternoon or for a pre-workout snack, and guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
This recipe contains oatmeal, natural peanut butter, honey, unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, and dark chocolate chips. Protein + carbs + heart healthy fat to get you going.
*Nutrition Fact on Chia Seeds: high in fiber (good for digestion & feeling full), protein, calcium (for bone health), manganese (antioxidant to protect body from free radicals-damaging cells in body), and magnesium (protein production, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and blood pressure regulation). Great addition to any baked good, smoothie, or jam!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2/3 cup of Natural Peanut Butter (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs Coconut, unsweetened
- 2 Tbs Chia Seed (or ground Flax Seed)
- 3 Tbs Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, mix oatmeal, peanut butter, honey, coconut, chia seeds (or ground flax), and chocolate chips until nicely incorporated.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out into bite sized balls.
- Chill additional 10 minutes.
- Store in air tight container for up to 7 days.
- Enjoy for a snack, breakfast on the go, or an after dinner treat!
What are your favorite afternoon pick-me-ups?