Reminiscing over blueberry season…luckily for me, I stocked up at the blueberry farm this past summer, so I have tons of frozen berries to put to good use.
…And so I am sharing my refined flour, refined sugar, and artificial sweetener FREE blueberry muffins. You guys, I am not kidding…these are the BEST muffins I have ever made. You gotta try them!
In this recipe, I use several of my baking hacks from last week’s blog–check it out here.
Below is a step-by-step recipe demonstration video to show you how simple this recipe is. Enjoy muffins for breakfast or a mid-day snack! Full, printable recipe below video.
Refined Flour & Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash 1 ripe banana in mixing bowl. Add almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened applesauce, and maple syrup and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and unsweetened coconut flakes. Tip: I used whole almonds & old fashioned oats and blended until flour-like consistency–it is cheaper than purchasing pre-ground at the grocery store.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients and mix–try not to over-mix to prevent tunneling (air pockets in muffin).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoons in greased muffin tins.
- Top with extra blueberries and coconut flakes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. ***Muffins are done when cooked all the way through.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Enjoy for breakfast or mid-day snack!
I hope you all are enjoying the cooking demos. Cooking, baking, and developing recipes are therapeutic for me, so I want to share my passions with you! Don’t forget to tag me in your creations!
Until Next Time,
Katrina Detter, RD, LDN
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Follow me on social media!
Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube: Live Better with Kat Detter