Welcome back to Kat’s Kitchen! This week we keep going with the breakfast on the go theme and make an easy breakfast sandwich that is simple, satisfying, nutrient dense, and only takes 5 minutes or less to make!
Below is my cooking demonstration video–enjoy! Underneath the video is a full list of ingredients and directions for reference.
Egg White Avocado Sandwich
- 1/4 cup of egg whites (or 1 whole egg)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh, raw spinach
- 1 English Muffin (I used Dave’s Killer Bread, you could use 2 slices of toast instead)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- In a microwave safe bowl, add spinach and seasoned egg whites (or whole egg) and microwave for 2 minutes or until cooked to liking.
- Toast bread of choice (I like Dave’s Killer brand, Ezekiel brand, or homemade). Mash 1/2 avocado onto toast. Add egg and spinach mixture on top of avocado. Place other half of bread on top.
- Enjoy at home before heading out the door or make it to-go! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this video and have found another option to beat the boredom of breakfast. Cooking at home does not have to be difficult or time consuming. Make sure to share and follow me on social media for more wellness, nutrition, and fitness posts!
Until Next Time,